We have compiled a selection of the best services with such functionality. The listed wallets have been verified by thousands of users, among them there are official ones supported directly by the developers of Tron network solutions.
About the Tron blockchain
As conceived by the developers, Tron is a decentralized platform for sharing content, mainly of an entertainment nature, using blockchain and p2p technologies. A kind of social network of a new generation. The platform is aimed at people who are interested in communication, games, and other formats of online entertainment. Within the ecosystem, it is possible to share content and be rewarded as its creator.
The direction that Tron follows is closely related to the so-called Web 3.0, the third generation of the Internet, where decentralized technologies, transparency and blockchain-based ownership dominate.
From a technical point of view, Tron is designed in such a way that developers can use any high-level language to program smart contracts. Thanks to this, many successful decentralized applications have already been developed and launched on the network.
There are two main token formats on the network: TRC-10 and TRC-20. The latter provide additional functionality of smart contracts.
How Tron Transactions Work:
- TRX uses the UTXO model, which provides additional security compared to older cryptocurrencies.
- In the UTXO model, there is a basic withdrawal, which is the amount of money sent to another user's address, along with a set of rules that unlock that specific predetermined amount. The end result is called UTXO.
- Transaction fees are one of the most important aspects of this project. On the TRON network, transaction fees are calculated taking into account bandwidth and energy, with each participant allowed to make about 15-20 free transfers.
- For subsequent transactions, you are charged according to the bandwidth. Each operation requires a certain amount of energy and computing power. But if a payment is processed that does not depend on a smart contract (that is, not in decentralized applications), then the energy is counted as zero.
Therefore, TRX coin transfers are inexpensive. However, it should be noted that in order to transfer any amount in TRC-20 tokens, there must always be some TRX in the wallet. To get energy for operations, you can freeze TRX.
Best wallets for TRC-20
1. Klever (formerly TronWallet). Klever is not only a wallet for mobile devices, but also a centralized spot exchange. Inherited from TronWallet, a wallet has passed to the exchange, in which you can store TRX and TRC-20 tokens.
2. Ledger. With Ledger Live, you can manage TRC-10 and TRC-20 tokens stored in a hardware wallet.
3. TronLink. TronLink is a multi-platform service focused on working only with the Tron blockchain. Secure decentralized wallet with the ability to connect to dApps.
4. Exodus. One of the best multi-platform wallets is convenient, functional, secure. The only disadvantages include its closed source code. Supports a variety of tokens on different blockchains, including TRC-20 tokens.
5. Trust Wallet. Allows you to buy some assets from the card.
6. MathWallet. A non-custodial wallet for several different platforms, offering passive earning opportunities and access to decentralized applications.
7. imToken. The wallet supports 12 and more than 200,000 tokens.
8. Guard. A secure anonymous crypto wallet that can be launched in any convenient way.
TRC-20 tokens are the most important element of protocols on the Tron blockchain. They are used both to transfer transactions within the network and to interact with decentralized applications; The latter direction is becoming more and more popular every day. Among them, the most popular are applications related to games and content monetization. The Tron project has a large and strong community, which suggests that development will continue as actively as it is now.
Please note. It is not a financial recommendation. When applying the information received, remember the need for your own research and analysis of any service or cryptocurrency.